Obama: “What About?”September 11, 2013
Protesting the Empire in Egypt
Obama said in his speech to the American people tonight that “America has been the anchor of international security.” This is what the ‘anchor of security’ looks like:
- Overthrowing the democratically elected government of Iran that led to a brutal regime that was overthrown and turned into Sharia Law-based theocracy.
- Killing over a million people in two wars in Iraq that is now a hyper-violent failed state and is perhaps the most insecure country in the world that is not technically at war.
- Overthrowing the democratically elected government of Chile on Sept. 11, 1973 that gave way to a murderous dictatorship to provide ‘stability’ to that country.
- Massive use of chemical weapons in Vietnam that in combination with conventional weapons killed over 3 million people.
- Invasion of Panama to remove a CIA employee who was also the dictator of that country. In that invasion American forces killed over 3,000 people.
- The creation of Al-Qaeda and other jihadist groups in Afghanistan to lure the Soviets into a war there that led to a failed state that became the base to plan the attacks of Sept.11, 2001
- The total destabilization of Central America by financing and training death squads in Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua that has made this region the most insecure in the entire Western Hemisphere.
This is a short list that doesn’t include a very long list of countries in Europe, Asia and Africa that the American military and intelligence services bombed, helped to overthrow their governments or supported some of the most ruthless dictatorships of the 20th century. The United States has been the main source of global instability for decades. Obama makes his statements with the most blatant disregard for reality. He is also responsible for a large portion of the tragic instability in Syria today by working in concert with Saudi Arabia and Turkey for arming and training rebels and sending them back into Syria to kill Syrians.
Obama tried to appeal to the American people by asking “What about those images of children in hospitals in Syria after the (alleged) gas attack?” What about the massacre in Fallujah and the use of white phosphorous that burned through the bodies of women and children there? What about the hospitals all over Iraq filled with children with limbs missing and faces blown apart? What about the images of people running naked down the street in Vietnam with their flesh burned off from Napalm? What about the women and children bombed in Afghanistan and Pakistan while attending wedding ceremonies? What about the hospitals in Serbia that were bombed by NATO forces while filled with victims of previous NATO bombings? What about the images of birth defects of deformed infants in Iraq from the massive use of depleted uranium by U.S. forces? Does this mean someone needs to bomb America to teach it a lesson and keep it in line and prevent it from ‘flouting international norms’? This is Obama’s logic, hypocrisy and shamelessness. At least Bill Clinton went to Guatemala and apologized for America’s involvement in the killing of over 200,000 people there. Obama just lies about history in order to continue to keep the theatre of operations open so that the empire can force its murderous hegemonic agenda around the globe. No, Mr. Obama, Russia and China by standing strong against your policies have proven to be the stabilizing force that has just begun to put the rapacious empire in check.